Yesterday I browsed MamaFami's FP and found this recipe which the bun's recipe originally from Jun's blog..hubby and I love cheese very much so I tried it and it turned out quite nice but not as nice as mamaFami's ..maybe becoz I used big tray and the distance between buns was quite far so the my buns meleper sket..anyway they are really yummy and soft..but my 2 YO son doesn't really like it coz got onion inside..hehe ..anyway those who like cheese should try this..if you don't like onion you can just omit it
Onion And Cheese Bun Source: MamaFami
BUN 184g bread flour
46g cake flour
3g instant dried yis
18g egg yolk (1 egg yolk)
35g butter (I used margarine)
138ml fresh milk ~ lukewarm
Bombay Onion ~ diced
Spring onions ~ chopped
Mozarella cheese ~ to sprinkle
1. Cream the margarine.
2. Add onion and spring onion. Mix well.
1. Place flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt honey and egg yolk in a mixing bowl.
2. Turn on the mixer and pour the lukewarm milk a bit at a time till just incorporate.
3. Add in the butter and continue kneading.
4. Pour more milk if necessary and continue kneading till a soft and smooth dough is formed.
5. Make the dough into a round ball and place it in a bowl sprinkled with a bit of flour. Wrap the bowl with a clean plastic bag and let the dough prove till double the size.
6. Punch down the dough and divide into a 50g balls each. Arrange on the baking tray. Make a slit on top using a sharp knife. Wrap the tray with plastic bag and let the dough rise again.
7. Put the topping and sprinkle with mozarella cheese.
8. Bake in a preheated oven till golden brown. I used the small oven, so I set the temperature at 175 C for 25 minutes on middle rack.
P.s: Since I already have my assistant ( I mean my bread machine) so I just asked him to knead the dough for me and I did the rest. The temperature when baking should depend on your oven...as for me, I baked at 180 C for 45 minutes.